Sunday, March 30, 2014

Transplanting seedlings and some good old fun on the farm.

How is it the weeks just drag by, but the weekends are over in the blink of an eye? I accomplished nothing I set out to accomplish this weekend, but did accomplish a few tasks that I had no intention of even doing this weekend. So that being said... I guess it was a productive weekend?...

Our goal for this weekend was to have a burn. Our ground is very wet so it seemed ideal to do our first burn of the year. Mother Nature saw otherwise, she kept teasing us with wind. It would get windy and then it would stop, sometime on Sunday morning we decided to just put off till next weekend. Wind and fire only amount to one thing, bad news. We have allot to burn, so we really need a full day of no wind to accomplish what we need to accomplish. Hopefully next weekend Mother Nature will play nice.

In the mean time I was able to begin my transplanting.


Our seedlings are sprouting way quicker than I had anticipated. That is great, because I think we are going to have an early start date this year for gardening. I know I am already twitching to get my hands in the dirt. I am already dreaming of warm days, and eating tomatoes just pulled from the vine. Nothing thrills me more than having a freezer full of fruits and vegetables from our own garden. Or a pantry filled with homemade jams, pickles, and applesauce.

A few members of this family decided not to work, but instead play. I can't blame them, being a kid living on a hobby farm must be the best thing ever.

Ademan tore it up in his Fisher Price off road buggy...

LeiLei and I played soccer, which is her new favorite outside game.

JayJay only wanted to ride around with dad on the tractor. It did slow down his production, but thats life with little kids.

The girls helped daddy down in the enchanted forest. I am sure they were on the lookout for trolls... That is all I hear about right now, trolls, troll bridges, all things troll... Life with four year olds makes me scratch my head at times...

Even the neighbors dog came over for some family time... We love you Shep Dog!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. If you did not accomplish what you set out to, guess what... It is o.k... Nobody ever does!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Hearing From You!