Tuesday, April 1, 2014

My Weight Watchers Weigh-In... and the results are...

I have completed two full weeks of Weight Watchers Simple Start. I must admit it went by rather quickly, when I had done diets in the past it was as if time would stop. My days would just drag on and on leaving me thinking about my next meal and what I was going to eat, or in reality not eat. That was so not the case these past two weeks. The first week I stuck to the plan and only three times did I make changes to my menu. Twice was because of not thinking my day through, nothing like forgetting that brown rice takes 40-50 minutes to cook and it is almost 7 p.m. Both of those times I opted for Weight Watchers frozen dinners. The third time was when I poured myself a glass of wine. Now, the second week I did incorporate a few more items into my meals. There was one day that I was craving chips, so I opted for Veggie Straws with Sea Salt. They never tasted so good! This past weekend I had a few drinks, but I made sure to stick to my diet so that I would still be within my points range (even though in Simple Start you don't really count points). I had every intention of beginning the fitness part of my weight loss journey, this past week. Unfortunately every time I would think I would have 45 minutes to spare something would come up. Sick kids did not help either! So I am a bit bummed that I did not make it happen, but I need to focus on my new week and make sure that exercise is at the top of my list.

Lets talk food.... There was not a meal that we did not enjoy. Hubby even though not on a diet ate every meal with me (his portions were a bit larger due to the fact that he is way more active than I) and he did not have one bad thing to say about any of the meals. If anything most of the meals usually had him saying, "wow this is really good".  Here are a few of my favorites.


And of course my new favorite tool...

After two weeks of eating their power foods I have discovered two things... The first is that I am not hitting that 3 o'clock slump anymore. My energy is now constant all day. What a world of difference to no longer have 'Highs' and 'Lows' as far as energy. Second, my taste buds have been born again! I can taste flavor again. I had no idea that I was not tasting anything prior to this diet. I allowed myself a Diet Coke last week (for the first time since starting this) and I could not handle more than two sips. I LOVE Diet Coke, so I must admit I was a bit heartbroken when for the first time in my life I could taste the artificial sweetener in it. Last Friday I broke down and purchased Mini Cadbury Chocolate Eggs for the hubby and I. The bag stayed closed until Sunday night, that in itself is a record! I had 3 and could not get over how sweet they tasted. Not in a bad way, I love those darn little eggs, just sweeter and richer than I remember. I did go back for one more, but to be honest, in the past I could have eaten an entire bag myself.

So now it is time to transition over to the traditional Weight Watchers diet. I will be allowed so many points a day depending on how much more weight I want to lose. Once I accomplish my goal I will then be given an amount of daily points to maintain my weight. I am actually looking forward to eating a larger variety of meals but I am also a bit nervous to put down the crutch of Simple Start. It is a good thing that the diet is working, if it were not I would have probably thrown in the towel by now. My jeans are starting to feel a bit looser (not allot, but a little and that just thrills me), I have more energy than I have had in a long time, and honestly I am proud of myself for signing up and sticking with it. So here is where I am at....

Starting weight March 19 = 175.8 lbs
1st weigh in on March 25 = 167.7 lbs
2nd weigh in on April 1 = 166.1 lbs
Total = 9.7 lbs

I could not be any happier. My goal for this next week is to implement an exercise program. I would love to be down two more pounds by next week. If I can do 1 - 2 pounds a week I just might be able to squeeze into my shorts by summer... I know that it will only happen if I get out there and exercise. So wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Hearing From You!