Thursday, January 30, 2014

I am hosting a Joanne Fluke House Party! A Blackberry Pie Murder Mystery Party...

About four months ago I signed up with a company called House Party. Anyone can join, so I was in. So far I have applied to host 3 parties. I was rejected for the first two, and accepted on the third one. Not bad, if you ask me...

So let me explain to you what House Party is. House Party is a company that provides the fun (the party), all you do is provide the food and the people. You and your friends are given access to products for free. The parties are brand sponsored, for example some of the upcoming parties are Zatarans, Go-Gurt, and Nerf Rebelle. By hosting, you and your friends get to try new products, you don't pay anything, and you don't sell anything. All they want in return is feedback, it is almost like a PR party. As the host you receive a party pack a few days prior to the party filled with all kinds of goodies. A great example was the Keurig party last December, every host was sent a free Keurig (the big deluxe one) and all different yummy Pods for the guests to enjoy.

I am excited because I was selected to host the Joanne Fluke Blackberry Pie Murder, House Party!
Joanne Fluke is a New York Times best seller of more than 20 novels. She has three 'collections' of books. The Joanne Fluke Thrillers which are edgy, suspense novels. The Jo Gibson Collection which is written under the pseudonym Jo Gibson, these are thrillers written for young adult readers. Finally you have the Hannah Swensen mysteries which are 'cozy' mysteries. Each book is packed with a great story and delicious dessert recipes, as this small-town baker solves another murder in this otherwise quiet, small town of Lake Eden, Minnesota. This is where I come in...

Her new book is being released around the beginning of March and I get to help promote it! We will be getting a sneak peak at her new book, making cocktails, playing Fluke bingo, and eating sweets lots of sweets. I cant wait to write my after party post. Stay tuned!!

10 comments:

  1. So wish I could be there for this... sounds like lots of silly fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meri,
    This is John Fluke- Joanne's eldest son- I am helping Mom and her assistant JQ. out because they are getting ready for Blackberry Pie Murder ( Hannah's latest adventure) to go on tour.THANK YOU, so much for applying ( and congrats for getting) to host one of the "House Parties", I can't wait to hear how it goes! Do me a favor, visit Mom's Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/JoanneFlukeAuthor and keep us posted on how it's going will you, please?

    Best of luck....

    John- Joanne Fluke's son

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!! Thanks for taking the time to read my Blog post, I hope you had the chance to look around my Blog. If you know of anyone who would enjoy reading a Foster Parent / Adoption Blog please pass it along. I am really looking forward to this party. I will go over to her Facebook page, and keep you updated. I will also post pictures if she wants them. Thanks again for stopping by!!!

      Delete
  3. wish I could be there. where do you live? and how d you get started doing house parties?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, go to Houseparty.com and sign up. It is a cool way to gain access to new products. Dont be surprised if they turn you down a few times, be persistent. Good Luck!

      Delete
  4. I love this concept! I'm a fan of the Hannah Swensen mysteries...AND Recipes! I tried to win the House Party for Blackberry Pie Murder, but wasn't selected. My friends and I might just go ahead and have a party for ourselves and it would include all of the older books as well as the new one! We'll let you know what might develop. Have lots of fun at your official House Party!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nina for the support! This will be my first House Party, and I am thrilled. So are my friends actually! After a long winter my friends and I are looking forward to a little bit of fun and girl time. Your party sounds like fun cant wait to hear about it! Thanks for stopping by my Blog. Come back anytime!

      Delete
  5. Where are you? I am a huge fan of her books? I am in Georgia. Karen T O'Brien

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Unfortunately I am on the West Coast. Only a short time before the new book is out, yahoo!!!

      Delete
  6. Hi! I was chosen for the Joanne Fluke House Party, as well, and I can't wait! I just saw your post on her Facebook page. I haven't done my party post on my blog yet (since the party is Saturday), but I have included one on my We Plan Wednesday posts.

    ReplyDelete

We Love Hearing From You!