Thursday, November 21, 2013

My eyes are burning, lets get this EEG over with...

What is the old saying... "If I didn't have bad luck I would have no luck at all?" Yesterday was that day for me. 48 hours away from LeiLei having an EEG and we ALL wake up with a doozy of a stomach bug. The kind that makes you so nauseous, its all you can do to lay perfectly still on the cool tiled floor to keep you from tossing your cookies. I have decided that there is absolutely nothing worse than being that sick and hearing your child say "mommy I didn't make it to the potty" or "mommy I tooted and something came out" or changing the diaper of a child that has the same thing you have. Yesterday was a record breaking day in our home for the amount of clothes thrown away. Its amazing when you are that sick, how easy of a decision it becomes as to weather or not you should attempt to clean the clothes, or just throw them away. Hope hubby has some overtime lined up!

Today was a bit of a challenge because we really had to change our schedule. LeiLei has her EEG tomorrow morning (thank goodness we are all feeling better).  We have to keep her up until MIDNIGHT tonight. I honestly have no idea how one keeps a 4 year old up until midnight. I do have a few tricks up my sleeve, so wish us the best! I decided to keep the kids up until 3 this afternoon and then put them down for a two hour nap, it was more like a one hour nap but beggars cant be choosers.. The plan was to let them all crash whenever they want to tonight, but by 9:30 everyone was a mess so I made the executive decision to just put them to bed. All except LeiLei of course.  LeiLei will then be woken up at 4 a.m. and she will have to remain awake until her EEG. We decided to divide and concur, so I am taking the night shift with the kiddos and hubby will get some rest. Then hubby will get to wake her up in the morning (I am letting him deal with cranky LeiLei) and take her to her EEG, while I get some rest. Not a lot of rest because Ademan still has to be at Physical Therapy at 9 a.m.
 
LeiLei crafting at around 10:30 p.m. I don't know about her, but my eyes are burning.. So tired!!!
 

This procedure has me a bit stressed. Not that it is invasive (because it is not) it just seems a bit scary for a kiddo. I will let you all know how it goes...

1 comment:

  1. I am still up,,, because I can't let you go through this alone, even thou I am way down here... Hang in there babygirl! ILY

    ReplyDelete

We Love Hearing From You!