Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Happy Birthday LeiLei

We have a Birthday this week!!! Our oldest is turning 4. I know every parent says it, but wow, how can we possibly have a four year old?



A few years ago while watching 19 Kids & Counting (a.k.a. the Duggers, and if it was a few years ago it was probably only 17 Kids & Counting) they were explaining how they let their children celebrate their Birthdays. They allow their child to choose weather they want a traditional  Birthday Party or to have an Experience  (like skydiving, or being able to feed / touch the animals at the zoo). While they are young you give them a few choices, but as they get older they get to come up with their own experience (obviously within limits). I looked at my hubby and declared that was what we would do for our kiddos. Personally I hope they choose the experiences just so I can participate.

So for LeiLeis Birthday this year we asked her if she wanted a party or if she wanted to go camping, and she chose camping. Yahoo!! We will be celebrating our daughters birthday sitting on the river, with a campfire and smores.

Being the mom that I am, let me share with you her last three Birthdays...

First Birthday

 
2nd Birthday
 
 
3rd Birthday
 
 
A Daughter Like You
You're my daughter,
and I'd just like to say,
You bring me joy,
each and every day.
 
Whenever I think,
or look at you,
I know I'm blessed,
that's wonderfully true.
 
You're very special,
thoughtfully care,
A helping hand,
always willing to share.
 
You're always determined,
to achieve what's in your mind,
Thinking of others,
you're actions are kind.
 
I shall admit,
we're a wonderful team,
To have a daughter like you,
was my ultimate dream. 


 
by anitapoems.com

2 comments:

  1. Oh how can it be...
    she's 4, no longer 3
    Our little Leilei so cute and sweet...
    A sweet little blessing, for us to keep...
    We're sending her kisses filled with love,
    From here in California and Heaven above.
    xoxoxo oma u. opa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is zipping by. Happy Birthday little Leilei. Hugs and kisses from Aunt Linda & Uncle Rudi.

      Delete

We Love Hearing From You!