Monday, June 16, 2014

We are back!!!!

So I had to take a little break from writing on my Blog. Life got a bit crazy and I felt like I was being pulled in just a few too many directions. My choices were to either snap, or let something go... And the winner (or loser, all in how you look at it) was the Blog... I thought it was better for me to step away for a short bit, rather than push myself to write posts that were being forced. A forced post is a very dull unengaging post. I love to write, so the thought of putting filler posts out there just was not an option. As frustrated as I was at the idea of not keeping up with my Blog, I knew it was best for me, and for those of you who take time out of your day to follow us by reading my posts.

So now I am back and ready to write. Ready to let you in on our life, yet again. So fasten your seat belts, cause here we go.

This past week has been a whirl wind. Hubby had to go off to Canada for work for a few days.  Not having him here was hard on all of us. It of course just adds to my work load, which means I have to attach my Wonder Woman Cape and jump right in. What I had not anticipated was the LeiLei factor. Poor LeiLei had a very rough couple of days. When I say rough I mean extremely rough. To the point of having to be removed from a class field trip and driven back to school. She had made such improvements with controlling her outbursts that I was truly shocked at this turn of events.  The first day hubby was gone was the worst. From the field trip incident to unexplained sobbing moments to defiantly repeating the word NO every 15 seconds for five minutes (at least) strait. By the time I put the kids to bed that night I was defeated, exhausted, and wondering what exactly I had gotten myself into. The second day was a bit better, we at least shared a few laughs that day. Not many, but a few. We still had many tearful (as in uncontrollable sobbing) moments. We also experienced a lot of anger and frustration, with an underlying bit of fear. By the time the third day rolled around, her spirits were improving, but unfortunately mine were not. I was so exhausted by this point that I was a bit of miss cranky pants. Many a times that day, I had to remind myself to chill out. I found myself so stressed out that I was having ghost chess pains, heavy heartbeats, and just felt sick to my stomach. All brought on by stress. As the week went on her attitude improved, just in time for their pre-school end of year program.

Hubbs made it home with time to spare in regards to their ever anticipated program. Complete with Jesus Loves me, America the Beautiful and . On top of that each child was able to use the microphone to introduce themselves, tell everyone what the first letter in their name is, and give us another word that starts with the same letter.  So it went something like this, My name is JayJay "J" for Jellyfish. Needless to say LeiLei spoke so quietly that I don't think anyone in the audience heard. Then there was JayJay who grabbed the microphone right out of teachers hand and belted it out there. I think everyone in the audience couldn't help but laugh... I am a bit worried that we might have quite the stage hog on our hands.

After we went home, I nearly collapsed. It had been such a crazy week between extra work at home, preparing for the last day of school, working on the kids teachers gifts, and then at the last minute finding out you are also going to make gifts for the teacher and her assistant on behalf of the class. There just was nothing left. I took the kids over to our neighbors house, let me paint a little visual for you.... Mommy (Me) wearing = flip flops from Walmart (2 years old and originally cost no more than $2.00, they are nasty by now), cargo shorts that have to be 9 years old (have paint splotches from many of my previous crafting and room painting projects) and a white t-shit.... We are talking GROSS. My girls were still wearing their pretty dresses, but by this point their cute sandals had been replaced with tennis shoes. Ademan, not quite sure what he was wearing, but I do know that about an hour after getting there his diaper gave way which caused his shorts to get wet... We were such a sight for sore eyes... That is what happens when I get tired.

Since we can't ever have a dull moment at our home, our weekend went a little something like this.  Saturday morning we decided to go look at new camping fifth wheels. Not because we need one, but because our local dealer has a model that we have been wanting to see in person for a few years. I must admit as I sat in some of these uber luxury fifth wheels, visions of retirement and driving around the country started flashing before me. Quickly to be ruined by comments of, "Are we going home". I swear a certain little JayJay was like a broken record. Every trailer we went into was met with "Are we going home"... One can only listen to that so many times before they say, "yes, we are going home"... Here is where the fun starts. We fed them lunch and JayJay told us she was not very hungry and then she trotted off to bed for nap time. Odd, but not alarming. By three o'clock I felt her head and it was blazing hot. Her temp was at 102 and I was shocked. She was also complaining about an owie on her tongue which looked like a blister.. I assumed it was because she had eaten allot of strawberries that week. The fever made no sense to me, and had me worried. We were able to get it down by giving her medicine, but we were completely fighting it. The next morning she was complaining about her tongue and tummy hurting, and then by the end of the day her back had begun to hurt. Again we were fighting a 102 fever. By Monday morning at 8 I was on the phone calling her Doctors office. Low and behold both she and LeiLei were diagnosed with Hand Foot & Mouth Disease. So now we sit and wait for it to run its course. LeiLei has fared way better than her sister and my guess is that is due to the fact that JayJay still has Mono in her system. My poor babies... I have always heard the horror stories from other parents about putting their kids in Daycare and then the endless illness roller coaster that ensues. I thought surely having my girls in a private school  we should be far better off... Nope!

That is what we have been up to. I hope you all have had a lovely few weeks. Now let the summer adventures begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Hearing From You!