Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Disneys, 'Frozen' saved the day, a very challenging day...

Do you ever have one of those days? A day that you have completely planned out and then by noon you are completely derailed? Well that was us yesterday. This is how my day was suppose to go...

10:00 a.m. kids Doctors apt. for a persistent cough that they ALL have
11-11:45 a.m. go to bank, and get kids lunch
11:45 a.m. arrive at Ademans swim therapy for his noon apt.
12-1 p.m. go to the grocery store with both girls
1 p.m. pick up Ademan
1:45 p.m. arrive at home
2:00 p.m. put kids down for quiet time so I can exercise
3:30 p.m. get kids up and play outside
5:00 p.m. start dinner

I soooooo wish it had gone like that. Instead it went something like this...

10 a.m. arrive at our kiddos Doctors office and we only have to wait ten minutes to see our Doctor. She first checks LeiLei and says she does not sound all that bad. Then we move on to JayJay who has some nasal junk and a raging ear infection (did not see the ear infection coming, AT ALL) last but not least little Ademan who is completely gunked out in the nose category. Lets just say every time he sneezes he launches snot rockets.. Enough said... So all three need to start antibiotics. No biggy, I thought...

We proceed to McDonalds to get cheeseburgers for LeiLei and Ademan and chicken nuggets for JayJay. I should have known then and there that something was very wrong. Ademan and LeiLei devoured their cheeseburgers and JayJay just laid her box of nuggets next to her car seat. From there we went and got gas and then off to the Therapy Apt. Every time I looked back at JayJay she just kept looking more and more tired. I felt bad for her but I knew there was no way around not running the errands we needed to run. So we dropped Ademan off and then drove over to Safeway to pick up the kids prescriptions and a few groceries. The poor child was in and out of consciousness the entire time we were there. We finally got our meds and we had to high tail it out of there to go pick up Ademan. Or so I thought... It all happened so quickly... While paying for our groceries JayJay who was sitting in the childs seat of the shopping cart falls forward and starts throwing up. I did catch her so she did not fall out thank goodness. The poor clerk didn't even skip a beat he kept ringing us up while calling for clean up. I stood there holding her head as she continued to vomit, and vomit, and vomit. It was AWFUL... I sooooo was not prepared for that, I didn't even know what to do. While holding her head I was able to call Physical Therapy and tell them that I would get there when I get there to pick up my son but at the moment I was holding a child who was throwing up in Safeway.  I did not even know how to begin to clean up the situation, it was on her legs on her shoes, on my leg, on my shoes and all over the floor. The nice clerk on the other register came running over with towels and bags and she just kept reassuring me that it was going to be o.k. Honestly I wanted to cry... The stress of also knowing your three year old son has not been picked up does not help the situation. Even the lady from the Starbucks kiosk came running over to help. I can only assume that they are moms because who else would brave a strangers vomit to help... I am so thankful for them... I eventually got us cleaned up the best I could and into our car with plastic bags and paper towels for the long ride home. We swung by and picked up Ademan and then drove home.
Around 3:30 I decided it was time to get her to start drinking some water. Her poor little body said otherwise which lead to a costume change for both of us. By that point I was pooped, and so was she.

So I threw in the towel and made a make shift lounge spot just off the kitchen and we all watched Frozen (for the first time). O.K., I soooooooo now have a new favorite Disney movie.. If you have not seen it, it is awesome. It is all about loving yourself whatever your challenges (or disabilities) may be.
At around 6 p.m. I decided to giver her some Tylenol because I thought she was pretty uncomfortable and was starting to feel warm to me. About 30 minutes later we began giving her little sips of Gatorade. Thank goodness, it stayed down. By the time she went to bed last night she was starting to perk up which allowed me to breathe a sigh of relief and pour myself a glass of wine.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Good thing for a strong Mama!


We Love Hearing From You!