Monday, February 24, 2014

Francis Chan... "We have a God who is a Creator, not a duplicator"

"Be careful not to turn others' lives into the mold for your own...We have a God who is a creator, not a duplicator."  ~Francis Chan

Years ago hubby and I were blessed to attend an incredible church. It was not a super fancy church, nor was it in the high rent district. It was your average industrial building looking church. Average from the outside... This average church had an incredible pastor that has since moved on to make quite the name for himself. He forever changed my thoughts on church. His name is Francis Chan, and if you ever have the time to 'Google' him, I warn you... You may be forever changed.

So when I was surfing the web today, and I came across this random quote my mood lifted and a smile crept across my face. I do tend to spend time (more than I care to admit) reading and researching other mommy type Blogs. I have to remind myself quite often that these mommy Blogs that seem to portray the perfect life are probably allot of smoke and mirrors. Lets face it, you cant be perfect, happy, make the perfect meals, have the perfect kid friendly craft projects, and run a marathon backwards seven days a week. So when they portray these perfect lives on their Blogs, they are really doing a disservice to the rest of us mommy's.

Who am I to say they are not living the perfect life seven days a week. I just find it highly unlikely. I am sure many people read my Blog and think man her life is a drag or maybe some of you think it's perfect. You know what?... Its not. It is neither perfect or a drag. It is perfectly flawed, absolutely crazy, mind numbing, fun, adventurous, filled with love and I wouldn't have it any other way. I might call my kids funny names like Ding Dongs, Goobers, Energy Thieves, but let me tell you... They are my world, they are my babies and I would do anything for them. I try to keep my Blog real, not every day is a great day. Not every day is a bad day. But at the end of every day, I thank the Lord for my energy thieves, and I thank Him for giving me a life that is so uniquely ours.

So Francis Chan, you are so correct. We have a God who is a Creator, not a duplicator. I hope and pray that nobody reading my Blog, is using our life as a mold for their own. That being said, if you are inspired on becoming Foster Parents like we are... Do It!!! You will not regret it. I am always here to answer questions, and pass along a few pointers.

2 comments:

  1. You are perfect in my eyes!
    Pops

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are soooo right!
    and yep,, We just loved attending services in Simi to hear Francis Chen's, God inspired teachings... simple, down to earth and he is passionate about sharing God's word.
    He has some wonderful books our as you probably know.
    ILY

    ReplyDelete

We Love Hearing From You!