Monday, February 17, 2014

Back to our regular scheduled program...

Well, our visit with my mom is almost over. I don't know where the past week has gone. Between shopping, eating and visiting the time just flew by and we were so fortunate to continue our mild winter while she was here. Even though its a mild winter we are still stuck with indoor activities, hence all the shopping.  If all goes well she will be back up in four months and by then we will be running around in tank tops and flip flops. That means trips to the park, picnics, and gardening. Yes, I will make her help out in the garden! In all actuality we might try to schedule LeiLeis toe surgery around that visit so that I will have an extra pair of helping hands.

Yesterday, the girls really enjoyed baking with their Oma. I purchased a Duff cake mix, pink marble, the picture on the box made it look really cool. Newsflash, unless you follow the directions exactly... be prepared for a little different outcome. Our pink marble cake ended up being more like a Pepto Bismol looking cake. Thank goodness four year olds don't care.

My little Bakers in training!

Four year olds only last so long, before they have to get their wiggles out.

The Pepto Bismol cake was ready to be covered in icing.

The finished product... I am not sure if we made Duff proud, but I know my girls had a great time and that is all that matters!

In the words of JayJay... I ate it all gone... Well, no denying that!

Tomorrow we will begin the task of getting back on schedule. Our routine was thrown out the window when Oma / Grandma arrived. At least it was for a good reason. Now back to real life, and our regular schedule. My kids thrive on a schedule, they do good with routine. In all fairness so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Hearing From You!