Friday, December 6, 2013

As women and mothers why are we not real with each other? This is for all the tired and lonely mommys out there...

This morning I received such an uplifting message from an old high school friend. It came on a morning that I really needed it. I was tired and snippy with my kids, I was no where in the ballpark of being the ideal mommy this morning. I got the girls all the way to school (almost a 20 minute drive) when I realized I left their school bags at home. That is the kind of morning I was having. Then out of no where this message shows up on my computer, it immediately put a halt on my horrible mood. To my old friend, and fellow mommy, who wrote that note... Thank you I needed that today.

As I was driving my kids to their various destinations this morning, I just kept thinking why in the world do we not lift each other up more. I really feel like we have steered off course as women. We should be helping each other, mommy hood is no easy task. Mommy hood is also a lonely task, I think any mom can tell you that they have never felt a level of "alone" like they do once they become a mommy. It is hard to develop deep relationships with woman once we are in the mommy zone. We no longer come first, but that is were the problem lies. We need those deep bonds with our fellow mommys and friends. We need to see their joy and sadness to make us realize that we are not alone.

It is odd to think that someone with so many 'friends' on Facebook, and so many 'Followers' on Pinterest can feel so alone. Then I think about social media and how it actually creates more of a competition than a coming together and lifting up of each other. We read about 'friends' who are doing cool crafts, making amazing meals, going on elaborate vacations, making us think that we too need to be doing that.  Why do we feel we need to keep up to be the perfect mother?

There are evenings that I just want to cry, because I do not know how I got myself into this mess, with three kids. There are other evenings spent talking to the hubby about adding on to our family. I think that is normal, but who am I to say? It is at least what I have come to accept as normal. As women, and mommys, we need to reconnect. Offer a bit of praise to a fellow mommy. If you see a mommy with no make up on and her hair not done, give her a hug. Chances are her day has not gone as planned. Send a message to a friend and let them know you are thinking about them.

Just remember, you are not alone.


5 comments:

  1. You are so right! Remember there is NO "PERFECT" mom out there! We all have our days! You can always lean on me. I love you and cherish our friendship even though we don't get to see each other as much as we would like too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right on. There is no more important job than that of mommy. And yet, because of the nature of that role, women tend to become isolated. Not good. You will have good days and you will have not so good days. And it is not a competition. Keep on keeping kiddo. Love, Aunt Linda

      Delete
    2. Whoops meant keep on keeping on.

      Delete

We Love Hearing From You!