Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Roasted pumpkin seeds and pumpkin carving

Mother Nature must be very confused because I am writing this post wearing a tee shirt, jeans, and flip flops. Yes you read that correctly, I should be wearing boots, sweaters, and scarves. On top of that we have received very little rain, which means I still have to water all of my plants. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. This was the first year we were able to carve pumpkins outside. My kids are bundled up in the pictures because it was 8:30 a.m. which means it was probably 45 degrees outside. By noon we are in the mid 60's!
 
 
 
Notice the tablecloth underneath? That sure made cleanup a breeze!



Its pretty amazing to be carving pumpkins with the beauty of this surrounding you.

I almost forgot about the pumpkin seeds! I love roasted pumpkin seeds, I like to think of it as the mommy and daddy reward. I mix my pumpkin seeds with butter, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Then I roast them at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until they are golden. They don't last for more than a day in my home!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. So, who's that big kid in the grey sweatshirt? lol!
    Luv the Heart pumpkin... and hmmm, I have never roasted my pumpkin seeds,,, as you know... I always fried them up in butter & salt... but I am thinking your's is a much more flavorful and healthier treat... I just might have to roast them this year!
    ILY

    ReplyDelete

We Love Hearing From You!