Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Oh I'm sorry you must be confusing me with the maid we dont have...


I know I am not the only one who has a category on Pinterest devoted to nothing but cleaning. As if pinning these cleaning inspirations will magically make my home spotless... Who am I kidding, three kids and a lot of pets do not lend themselves to a clean home.

I still struggle with the fact that I am a stay at home mom with a dirty home.  Then I think back to what a friend shared with me, "if you have kids and a clean house, you are not living" (enjoying life). You know what... I think that's true. So if you come to my home and it looks clean, just know that I have probably spent the last 30 minutes running around like a crazy woman trying to clean up. Oh, and don't open the Laundry Room because that is probably where I have thrown everything.

What does work for me is a simple 15-20 minute a day cleaning schedule. After looking at so many different versions online this is the one that I have made, and works well for me.

Monday
Clean Kitchen
 Catch up on weekend dishes
Clean counter tops
Dust all small appliances on kitchen counters
Wipe down all large appliances
 
Tuesday
Vacuum every room in your home
or wash depending on the type of flooring you have
 
Wednesday
Dust home
furniture, nick knacks, light fixtures,
tops of curtains, ceiling spider web removal
 
Thursday
Clean Bathrooms
 
Friday
Clean windows
 
There are many things that are not listed on here that I do as they come up. A good example is laundry, not a day goes by that I do not do a load of laundry. Same with kitty litter boxes, those get cleaned out daily. Then there are the every few months items like cleaning my walls, or vent covers, or getting on my knees and scrubbing the kitchen floor.
 
There are days that I don't get around to even doing my assigned chore, oh well. I skip it and move on to the next. If you do for the most part keep up on your schedule, skipping any given task for a week will not be detrimental.  On that note... I need to go vacuum I hear my Rainbow Vacuum calling my name. (Best vacuum EVER)!!!
 

1 comment:

We Love Hearing From You!