Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Zucchini

You know that moment, towards the end of your gardening season. You have been canning, freezing, cooking and baking for a good solid month. Then you hit the wall... The idea of water bathing one more thing just makes you cringe. Yet, the garden keeps producing. To make matters worse friends feel the need to share their abundance with you. (Don't get me wrong, I will NEVER turn down free food!). Which is how you end up with this sitting on your kitchen counter.




I must say I was close to feeding it to the goats. I didn't even have it in me to make zucchini bread. Then, I found inspiration. A new recipe, and to make the moment even better, I actually had all of the ingredients.
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies via Farmgirl Gourmet
 



Let me add, they took just moments to mix up, and 14 minutes to bake. I had my first yummy batch sitting on the counter in less than 20 minutes. For ingredients and directions click on the link above.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Hearing From You!