Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Lisa Vanderplump from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills adopted her son from Foster Care...

Imagine my surprise when I sat down to watch one of my "garbage" shows and found out that one of the characters has a link to Foster Care. O.k. so my "garbage" show is Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. It is garbage because there is no value to it. It does not better me, I do not learn from it, and every week it robs me from an hour of my life. That being said, It has sucked me in. I don't have many vices, but garbage T.V. may qualify as one.

So, that being said I chuckled a little bit while watching this weeks episode. You see this weeks episode revolved around the women cleaning out their closets and donating their formal wear to girls in Foster care. The reason I thought it was funny, was because of how extreme their donations were. We are talking about couture gowns, and probably all of the gowns were a size 0. They would have been better off auctioning the gowns off, and using the money to purchase many more inexpensive gowns for many more girls in Foster Care that wanted to go to prom. Just saying....
What really caught me by surprise was when Lisa Vanderplump admitted to adopting her son from Foster Care. I am having such a difficult time picturing her dealing with Social Workers, or dealing with visitations. Lets just say I am shocked, there are so many aspects of being a Foster to Adopt Parent that just do not have her name written all over it. Apparently she adopted her son Max a little over 20 years ago from Foster Care. All I can say is good for her and her husband. Now hopefully they can use their voices to raise Foster Care awareness. Ha! maybe now I can justify my "garbage" show... Probably not...

1 comment:

  1. Good Point! (auction off size '0' and buy more real size dresses)..
    and don't feel bad,,, I sneak in a few 'garbage T.V.' shows myself... so please don't "kick me off the Island'... lol!

    ReplyDelete

We Love Hearing From You!