Monday, November 4, 2013

It was a "mom" jeans and oversized Adidas sweatshirt kind of a weekend

Most people go crazy in the Spring with Spring cleaning. I have to tell you I am just as crazy in the Fall as I am in the Spring. For those who live in cold winter climates I am sure you understand. There is this urgency to get things done before mother nature shuts down the entire operation. I am not talking about just outside projects, I am also talking about inside projects.

So needless to say I spent the weekend wearing "mom" jeans and over sized sweatshirts, because I had cleaning to do.  On my to do list for the weekend was to take out our living room sofa (which I am actually trying to salvage because the woodwork on it is amazing) and place it in the barn. O.K. technically it was on my to do list for my hubby. You see, 4 dogs and 6 cats have "loved" it to pieces. Lets just say I am tired of looking at the pieces. I also wanted to start cleaning my craft room which to be quite honest has been neglected for almost 4 years. Nowhere on my list was cleaning the laundry room, but for some crazy reason on Saturday I decided that it needed to be done. I also kept staring at 4 large plastic bins that needed to be filled with the ever growing pile of outgrown childrens clothes. So on Saturday that got thrown into the mix as well.

Sunday, actually brought us a dusting of snow. The first snow of the season always makes me so giddy. I do have a love hate relationship with the snow, in the beginning I love it, and by the end I hate it. I will be the first to admit that usually by the middle of February you may here me cursing the snow, under my breath. But for today I thought it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. By 10 a.m. it was all melted but don't be fooled it was still cold outside.  The gloomy weather really makes me want to be in the kitchen. I now have four pumpkin chocolate chip loaves in my freezer to prove it. Hubby even got in on the kitchen duty, he turned out about 40 large pancakes that we wrapped in wax paper and froze. If there is one thing I love more than a freezer full of go-to meals (dinners) it is a freezer full of go-to breakfasts. Around nap time I actually got around to cleaning my craft room, but I think I underestimated the amount of time that room will take to be organized. I am hoping that by the end of this week I will have a functioning craft room again. We will see!

This was a very full weekend for us. I didn't even list all of the things my hubby accomplished. It almost felt like we were nesting...

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Love Hearing From You!