Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Hallow-not

 
I have been struggling with the idea of taking our kids trick-or-treating this year. Partially because I am lazy. When you do not live in a traditional neighborhood you have to either drive your kids from home to home, or drive into town and find a neighborhood to trick-or-treat. I want my kids to enjoy Halloween, and I don't want to be the lame mom that does not let her kids go trick-or-treating. So, I think I have come up with a plan...
After nap time get my kiddos all dressed up. Then proceed to Wal-Mart and let them pick out a few bags of candy. Go back to the car and dump the candy in their trick-or-treat buckets and then go visit all of the small stores in town (that we frequent) and go hand out candy to our favorite employees. After we have handed out some candy we will meet dad back at home, have dinner and then drive my kids to two neighbors homes for a little taste of trick-or-treating. Then go back home and have some hot chocolate. Who knows, I might even surprise them with filled Halloween candy bags.

I think the plan will work for this year, and maybe even next. After that I will probably have to grin and bear it (in the freezing cold) and take my kids trick-or-treating.

Happy Halloween!!!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome thing to do!
    And I know Andria will be thrilled to see her favorite little 'Halloweenies'....
    Are you going to pop in at 'Cleone's' ?
    ILY

    ReplyDelete

We Love Hearing From You!